We have compiled this list of valuable resources to assist you in finding other services and/or information that may be compatible with the massage therapy that we provide. Resources provided are for the Ellijay area and surrounding areas, or is general public information.
Please feel free to Contact Us with suggestions for any additional resources you would like to see listed here, and we will do our best to add them as appropriate.
These resources are recommendations only, and we understand there may be other resources available that you may prefer, or that may be more helpful/beneficial to you. We will do our best to add them as well, as the information for them is obtained.
(Listed in Alphabetical Order by Topic; Click on the Image/Title to expand for information.)
- Patricia Babin, LMT Professional Wellness Expert – Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® uses gentle yet deep finger pressure on specific acu-points and verbal Body Focusing techniques, to help release “armoring” or chronic tension, balance the “Qi” or energy, and improve vitality. This clothes-on method helps relieve stress- and trauma- related problems.
- Back to Basics – Jill Darling, DC in Ellijay, GA – Chiropractors help you get to the cause of pain, numbness, headaches, weakness, and fatigue. Get back to the basics of health with chiropractic.
- Davis Family Chiropractic in Ellijay, GA – Your health comes first! “We want to help you meet your individual healthcare goals, whether that is merely the absence of pain or the ability to compete in the Olympics. We are dedicated to helping you improve the quality of your life.”
- Family Life Chiropractic Center in Blue Ridge, GA – We pride ourselves in helping our patients achieve optimal health. We offer many other therapies other than chiropractic manipulations. Our doctors and staff want to see you at your best!
- Robert Lee, DC, PC in Ellijay, GA – “Get your lifestyle back! Our outstanding team is here to help you reach your healthcare goals.”
Massage Therapy Schools
- Cohutta Healing Arts Institute in Ellijay, GA – A career you’ll love is waiting for you! North Georgia’s Cohutta Healing Arts Institute (CHAI) School of Massage will help you get started. Our Massage Therapy Certification program will prepare you for one of the most rapidly growing professions in alternative healthcare.
- Georgia Massage School in Suwanee, GA – As owners and educators, our perspective allowed us to develop a unique system that provides our students with the highest quality and most enjoyable massage training and education available at an affordable price.
Mental Health Services
- Genesis Behavioral Health Care Services, Inc. – Genesis is committed to professional training, community education and research, as well as clinical services. Genesis maintains and provides quality treatment of emotional, psychiatric, mental disorders and substance abuse.
- Highland Rivers Health – One of Georgia’s largest behavioral healthcare providers, Highland Rivers provides compassionate, professional treatment and recovery services to adults, children, families and veterans affected by mental health issues, substance abuse and addiction, and intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our purpose is to help every individual recover and live independent, successful and fulfilling lives.
- Further Community Resources from the National Alliance on Mental Illness – Georgia Crisis & Access Line (GCAL) is The 24/7 Hotline For Accessing Mental Health Services in Georgia. Call 1-800-715-4225 for Crisis Assistance and Access to Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. Other Georgia Resources for Mental Health can be found on this page as well.
- Natural Wellness Center of Ellijay – Nothing is more important than your health! The ultimate goal of the naturopathic doctor is prevention. The emphasis on building health, not fighting illness. This is done by fostering healthy lifestyles.
Reiki (Energy Healing)
- Humble Hands Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork – Humble Hands Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork by Kelly Buddenhagen provides you an opportunity to achieve personal harmony. As a licensed Massage Therapist and level 2 Reiki practitioner, Kelly has a passion for helping others and believes in an integrative approach to health and wellness.
- Patricia Babin, LMT Professional Wellness Expert – Energy Healing is based on the idea that there is a universal (or source) energy that supports the body’s innate healing abilities. Practitioners seek to access this energy, allowing it to flow to the body and facilitate healing.
Stretch Recommendations for Self-Care Between Sessions
These links and information are recommendations & suggestions only, as self-care between sessions. Please consult your doctor, physical therapist, or other licensed bodywork professional for exact exercise technique specifications such as how often stretches should be done, and for how long.
- Static stretches for Back Pain
- Prevent or Ease Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Carpal Tunnel Exercises
- Lat (Latisimus Dorsi) Stretches for Back & Shoulder
- Neck Stretching
- Stretches for Rotator Cuff & Shoulder Pain
- Stretches for Sciatic Pain Relief, Piriformis, and Glutes
- MORE Stretches for Sciatic Pain, Piriformis, Glutes, & Low Back (PDF)
- 5 Exercises to Correct an Anterior Pelvis Tilt
- 5 Pirifomis Stretch Exercises
- Plantar Fasciitis Stretches to Soothe Heel Pain
- Nourish Yoga – Feeding your mind, body, and soul.
Nourish Yoga is built on a foundation of the ancient and traditional practices of Patanjali’s eight-limbed path of yoga. At Nourish there is a focus on cultivating deep awareness and connection in the body, mind, and spirit. Classes are not just about how well you may or may not be able to do a posture, we strive to go deeper than that. We hold the traditions close and believe in living a yogic lifestyle but, we can also be a little rebellious at times. We are fun and light-hearted, but also disciplined, professional, dedicated, passionate, compassionate, inspirational, and hardworking. We firmly believe that a higher state of well-being, healing and living to ones fullest potential can be attained through a steady yoga practice.
- Wild Branches Yoga – Transformation is sustained change,
and it is achieved through practice. ~ BKS Iyengar
“I consider myself a street-wise yogi. Through yoga, I have found a confidence in my body, mind and heart which enables me to feel more stable and solid when life throws a thunderstorm my way. I am still learning and am not above a tumble, but with each opportunity my knowing gets stronger. Learning to trust what resides deep in my heart is one of the most valuable gifts yoga continues to give me. It is this truth that I strive to share with students. How does this happen in an asana class? Just by stepping onto the mat, there is a certain threshold we can go through, if we choose, one where we are consciously there supporting ourselves through a physical practice, and so begins the trust in our outermost layer, our bodies. I aspire to guide students inward, toward their courage and wisdom, in a supportive, caring, fun, and adventurous way.”
View Hundreds of FREE Articles about Massage, Bodywork, & Healthy Living from MassageTherapy.com HERE